Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

fredag 5. november 2010

Running: technique session of tonight

Lillomarka-Oslo
All set for another session of running tonight, anxious to learn if my knees had improved the last days. My goal besides that with this session was to work on improving my running-technique. My approach was to run short laps with high cadence and high stride. Speed is of no improtance in this session. The important thing is to get those knees up and maintain a high cadence. Initially I didn't feel anything close to pain in my knees. After a couple of km I felt a growing pain in my right knee. The left knee was painfree all the session. After 4 km the pain in the right knee didn't grow any worse, but I could clearly feel it. With 1 being no pain and 10 being unable to walk because of pain I would rate the pain in my right knee to 5. I was able to run, but I would say that it affected my running to a certain degree. The shoes I'm using is in way a bit restraining. It's like my normal pronation-pattern is restricted. I'll monitor this closely. Tomorrow I'll buy a couple of running shoes with normal pronation-Saucony Jazz Grid.

Tecnicals:
-Distance: 6,96 km
-Time: 41m 03s
-Average pace: 5:53 min/km
-Average moving pace: 5:45 min/km
-Elevation gained: 51 m(7,3 m/km). Below 10-ok
-Calories: 489 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): didn't measure
-Shoes: Addidas Supernova Sequense
-Weather: clear skies, light, 4 degrees celsius, breeze, medium humidity in the air

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar