Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

onsdag 3. november 2010

Helsfyr course: endurance session

Pretty anxious today as I headed out for a light and short endurance session. My goal with todays session was to check the condition of my knees, have a light session(zone 2) and test out my new shoes-Addidas Supernova Sequense(ASS).
The course was more than familiar. I've runned this one numerous times-mostly for treshold sessions.
Since Monday I've been treating my knees with ice twice a day. In addition I bought a pair of new shoes on Monday(ASS). Finally I received some advice to start using Omega 3 regularly. Yesterday I bought a product called "Pikasol" which is supposed to be particularly helpful with problems connected to joints.
Initially I didn't feel any pain in any of my knees. By the end of the run I'd experienced discomfort in my right knee, but nothing that stopped me from running. In the left knee I experinced light or no discomfort at all.
The shoes were solid-compared to Kinvara or Ronin, almost like army boots. Well, if that's what it takes to keep me injury free so be it. While running I felt that the pronation was restricted a bit at the end of the movement. In a few weeks I'll know if this shoe fits my running pattern or not. I'm excited to learn what the conclusion will be.
The session was light. I feel very fresh. A pity that the knee is preventing more amount of training right know. However, I have revised my training-programme and if my knees improves, I'll be ready for the race at the end of the month.

Tecnicals:
-Distance: 5,46 km
-Time: 31m 27s
-Average pace: 5:45 min/km
-Average moving pace: 5:34 min/km
-Elevation gained: 47 m(8,6 m/km). Below 10-ok
-Calories: 383 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): didn't measure
-Shoes: Addidas Supernova Sequense
-Weather: Partly clouded, light, 8 degrees celsius, breeze, medium humidity in the air


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar