Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

torsdag 11. november 2010

Combined workout: running and strength training

Finally it was time again for another combined session. I just love those sessions. They're demanding, time efficient and challenging. On my run out I included a session of mucular endurance-2 km at sligthly above treshold pace on average. Besides that the run was a pure endurance session. Running pace is up due to the amout of training so far. I'm beginning to gain fitness. Accompanied with fitness is fatigue. I feel a bit worn. That's how I'm supposed to feel right now. I have one more week with high workload before the race at the end of the month. Overall I feel pretty good. The one uncertain point is my right knee. Today I didn't notice any discomfort on my run towards the training studio. On my return run back home I felt some discomfort in my right knee-nothing in my left knee. I'm not alarmed. I think the the strain from the strength-session might have worn down my kne a bit. We'll se about that on tomorrows session and indeed on Saturdays long run.
That'll be the definitive test.


1. Running:

Tecnicals:
-Distance: 8,79 km
-Time: 52m 10s
-Average pace: 5:56 min/km
-Average moving pace: 5:39 min/km
-Muscular endurance pace: 5:01
-Elevation gained: 92 m(10,5 m/km). 10-ok
-Calories: 622 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): Not measured
-Shoes: Addidas Supernova Sequense
-Weather: Sun, -5 degrees celsius, strong wind, high humidity in the air, overall cold



The strength-session went good. I managed to execute good focus and high quality in my sets. I'm gaining strength in all exercises. One more week of training and I'll be ready for more workload in the third part of the basic period-after the race in just over 2 weeks. About Squats.. my approach with cummulative load during a series of sets works excellent. I'll continue with that.

Technicals:
 -Warm-up: no need-started with seated rowing
-Seated rowing: 15 minutes, ligth load(level 4); 3.425 m (Consept 2-Rowing machine)
-Squats: 1 set/8 reps/ 32 kg, 1 set/6 reps/37 kg, 1 set/4 rep/42 kg, 1 set/4 rep/47 kg, 1 set/4 rep/52 kg, 1 set/4 rep/57 kg, 1set/4 rep/62 kg
-Deadlift: 4 set/4 reps/67 kg
-Stretching: 6 minutes after finishing the return run
-Workout time: 40 minutes.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar