Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

lørdag 13. november 2010

Bislett pre endurance run

Bislett arena inside
Today I had the pleasure of spending a large part of the day running on the track inside Bislet arena with some good runner friends of mine. Our aim with the workout was to get to know the track, test out strategies when it comes to running, nutrition and equipment and have a god afterrun after we finished the training.
We started around 11 a.m. and kept going untill 4 p.m. I was eager to test out some strategies laid out in advance and anxious to learn more about my knee injury. In a way this was the final test for me when it comes to whether I should participate or not in the race in two weeks time. My strategy was to run at 6min/km in 4 laps and walk 1 lap at 9 min/km. That would take 18 minutes in theory. It turned out to take just under 20 minutes, on target with the time-schedule of 15 laps and hour, but with no accumulating of time in reserve for eating and resting. My knee-the right one-turned painful, but not alarming. The pain stabilised after three hours and kept steady the last 1h 40 minutes. I completed 74 laps in 4h 40m. Planned laps was 70 so I'm ahead with four laps.
I was fine by using one gel and hour and supplementing with energy-drink and some salty food-potato chips and dried meat-but I need to eat more on every 3 or 4 hours. I'll make use of the arrangers offer in connection with that. I addition I need a small table with my supplies ready for use during the race.
After the run we had a very pleasant "afterrun" at a local Bistro("Lorry") just down the street.
A perfect end of a day very good spent.

Tecnicals:
-Number of laps: 74
-Time spent: 4h 40m
-Distance of one lap: 545 metres
-Distance, total: 40,33 km
-Average pace: 6:94 min/km
-Elevation gained: Not measured
-Calories: Not measured
-Average heart rate(max): didn't measure
-Shoes: Mizuno Wave Inspire
-Weather: Not relevant-inside track

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar