Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

tirsdag 12. oktober 2010

Strength-training: beginning of the 4th quarter

Autumn-Nordmarka, Oslo
It feels good to resume strength-training. It seems like to much effort put in running and leaving cross-training out, results in injuries. Right now I'm having some difficulties with my knees-especially my left knee. After 30 minutes of light strength-training it felt better. This 4th quarter I'm doing three exercises. Deadlift, squat and seated rowing. Length of each workout is 30 minutes. The most of it is dedicated to seated rowing(15 min). On average two sessions a week. The purpouse with this is to strenghten my core. It is one of my limiters when it comes to basic strength and I'm putting more emphasis on correcting that now. Hopefully I shall se some results of it in Bislett 24h race at the of Nov-2010(in just over 6 weeks).

1. Technicals:

-Warm-up: 5 min running on treadmill
-Seated rowing: 10 minutes, ligth load + 4 minutes, light load
-Squats: 1 set/6 reps/40 % load, 1 set/6 reps/50 % load, 1 set/4 rep/40 % load
-Deadlift: 3 set/4 reps/50 % load
-Stretching: 6 minutes
-Time, total: 41 minutes
-Workout time: 30 minutes.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar