Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

tirsdag 19. oktober 2010

Combined workout: Running and strength-training

Nordmarka, photo by Ole Arne Schlytter
New approach this one. Every thuesday and Thursday in the fourth quarter I'm running to the gym, executing my programme of strength-training and running back home again. The run is a light endurance-session, approximately 4,3 km and pretty levelled. The running went fine. I ran as planned, staying in the upper part of zone 2. However, I experienced severe problem with my right knee. On the way back home it was really painfull. I need to take measures before my next run on Thursday. They are ice, keeping the foot unstrained, changing running shoe on my next run and using some kne-support. The knee strongly affected my running performance.
The strength-session went fine. More load this time without pushing myself to much. Just adding more load as I log more and more sessions.

1. Running:

Tecnicals:
-Distance: 8,61 km
-Time: 56m 24s
-Average pace: 6:32 min/km
-Average moving pace: 6:05 min/km
-Elevation gained: 96 m(11,1 m/km). Just over 10
-Calories: 611 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): 150(  high zone 2-excellent)
-Shoes: Mizuno Wave Aero 8.
-Weather: Dark, 9 degrees celsius, breeze, low humidity in the air



The Garmin logfile can be found here:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/53635502


2. Strength-training:

-Warm-up: no need due to run to the gym
-Seated rowing: 15 minutes, ligth load; 3.100 m
-Squats: 1 set/6 reps/50 % load, 1 set/4 reps/60 % load, 2 set/4 rep/70 % load
-Deadlift: 4 set/4 reps/60 % load
-Stretching: After I finished the return run back home
-Time, total: 33 minutes
-Workout time: 30 minutes.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar