Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

torsdag 28. oktober 2010

Helsfyr course-test-run: Race on Saturday?

Thueringen Ultra-2010
I've been suffering from a set of minor injuries the last couple of months. Last one in line was my knees. My measures when it comes to the latter has been to use support while running and ice afterwards. In addition I've been low on intensity while running(Luckily it complies with my training programme) and I've scheduled recovery days. This week I've noticed a rising degree of fitness and lesser problems with my knees. With a race coming up on Saturday it was time to test out if my knees were ready for some serious running again.
Equipped with my favourite shoes-Saucony Kinvara-I headed out in the dark, autumn evening. Not so chilly tonight as it has been recently. After a few hundred metres I could clearly feal that my feet were fresh. Wonderful! I finished the warm-up and went for a short-treshold session of around 4 km crusing at treshold pace. I didn't feel anything but a slight discomfort at the back of my right knee and I didn't use any support during the run. It didn't cause me any particular effort to run at treshold pace and I felt really excited during the session.
It's been quite a while since I've felt so fresh before a race. I'm also confident that I have enough amount of running to carry out a 6h race on Saturday, having runned three long runs in four weeks, two of 35 km and one of 45 km. I feel pretty set for the race. Question is, am I going to race?


Tecnicals:
-Distance: 5,42 km
-Time: 27m 44s
-Average pace: 5:07 min/km
-Average moving pace: 4:58 min/km
-Elevation gained: 44 m(8 m/km). Below 10-ok
-Calories: 386 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): didn't measure
-Shoes: Saucony Kinvara
-Weather: Clouded, dark, 7degrees celsius, breeze,high humidity in the air

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar