Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

lørdag 2. oktober 2010

Combined workout: strength and swimming

Nordmarka-Skjersjøelva
Good to finally be able to start working on establishing muscular strength and resume my swimming sessions again. Today I had a very easy strength session first in order to let the body adapt after 1,5 months of just running. I'm going to consentrate on a very small number of exercises this winter. Two basic exersises-squats and deadlifts. In addition I'm going to use much time on seated rowing. My aim is to strengthen both my core and back. Todays session went fine. My muscles are still a bit sore after to demanding competitions, but my condition is improving. Naturally I've lost some muscle-capasity, but that doesn't bother me much. It'll be regained after some months of training.
An hour after finishing my strength-session I had a swimming session consentrating entirly on technique. I'm attending an advanced course in front-crawling. Well it's been even longer since my last swimming session-20th of May. Very pleased then to discover that I haven't forgotten how to execute a good technique. My prime target this winter is to establish a better technique and improve on my week point-the breathing. Anyway, it felt excellent to be penetrating the water again and I managed to cower a lot of ground before I got tired. A good workout, and an excellent instructor.

Technicals:

1. Strength-training:
-Warm up: 5 min of running on the treadmill
-Squats: 1) 2 sets/8reps/50 % load, 2) 2 sets/6 reps/60 % load, 2 sets/4 reps/70 % load
-Deadlifts: 1) 2 sets/4 reps/50 % load
-Seated rowing: 7,5 min/low load
-Stretching: 5 minutes
Total time spent: 40 minutes.

2. Swimming: Vestli school in Oslo, length of pool is 10m
-50 reps-total of 500 m
-Total time spent: 50 minutes

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar