Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

søndag 27. juni 2010

Running a bit long again

A little over a week since Kristins Runde. Today I had a short, long run of about 2h and just over 20km(12,4 miles). It's long enough to categorise as a long run, although short. Anyway, it was good to consentrate again on executing something that could remind me of a good running experience. I haven't had many running sessions during this period of competition and I clearly feel that this affects my running form. Especially the speed is suffering. I guess that's the price I have to pay to get ready for a race. Weather was lovely today. Sunny, hot with just a slight wind. I just love to run under such circumstances. It makes it really worthwhile to train during a long and cold winter through harsh conditions just to be able to appreciate what a truly good run is-a run like the one I had today. Well then, apart from some lost speed I have a minor pain in my left knee. I guess it's the solid pavement I've been running on after the race. Besides that I feel fit. I just need some more speed before the race next Saturday in Germany. I'll accomplish that through two workouts in the weeks to come.

Technicals:
-Distance: 20,1 km(12,47 miles)
-Time:  1h 54m 55s
-Average speed: 5,72 min/km(9,2 min/mile)
-Elevation gained: 233,5m(763 ft)
-Calories:  1.414 kcal
-Average heart rate(max): 162 (174)

The GARMIN logfile can be found at:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/38332478

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar