Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

torsdag 17. juni 2010

Preparing for Kristins Runde on Saturday the 19th

Almost there now-my first official ultrarun. I'm pretty excited about the race as it is my first, but I'm calm when it comes to execution. My strategy is as follows: The distance is 81,3 km(50,5 miles) and 25 % is on trails-mostly up to the top-points of which there are five of. The rest is on gravel roads. Vertical is 2300 m(7545ft). My aim is to finish within 11 hours. In order to do that I need to have an average pace of 8min/km(12,87min/miles).                                                                                                                                                       My approaches when it comes to strategy is as follows.                                                                                                                                                

Overall:
1) On ascending the top-points I'm walking fast
2) When running on gravel roads I'm running at a pace of 6 min/km
3) When ascending a step hill I'm walking.
4) Every 1 hour consists of 55 minutes of running and 5 minutes of walking.                                                                                                                                          

Nutrition:
-Water/dehydration/energy-drink:
I'm using my drinking belt with 8bottles of 0,15 l. These will be supplemented when needed with water from passing lakes. In advance I prepare 5 bottles of water, two bottles of energy-drink and one bottle of dehydration-mixture(Maxim).
-Nutrition:
My need is 500kcal pr hour. 9hours of activity requires 4.500kcal of supplementary energy.
I'm using different means. Firstly I'm bringing 6 units of energypowder to mix with water. This will give me a total of 1.350 kcal.
Secondly I'm bringing 8 loafes of bread in two units with 4 loafes in each. Each loaf equals to 250kcal. That equals to 2.000kcal. 
In total 1.350 kcal with energydrink and 2.000 kcal with loafes of bread-Grand total so far is 3.350 kcal.
At last I'm bringing two chocolates. That should bring me up to 4.500 kcal.                                    
                                                                                                                                                            Clothing:
-Upper part: Gore Vertical windbreaker
-Lower part: Gore Knee-Length thights, Gore Running sock
-Shoes: Montrail Masochist
-Monitoring: Polar S725X and Garmin Forerunner 205
-In my bakcpack: Nit-cap, gloves, socks, emergency-kit in case of injuries, mobile-phone, keys, money, credit-card, ID
-In my car: A change of clothes, some snacks, mineralwater

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar