Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

onsdag 21. juli 2010

A good run!

What a wonderful evening it was tonight. Warm, ligth breeze and some clouds. Heading out in the evening for a short, long run in partly in the woods and on a quiet road outside of town is magic. It feels good just to be present, feel the body functioning well and be able to push ahead. The course is one of my favourites. Starting from home, towards Kjelsås, around the lake Maridalsvannet and back home again. I did a combination exercise. One part was pure endurance, the other part was muscular endurance. I used my competition shoes-Mizuno Wave Ronin. I can clearly feel the difference when it comes to running technique. I'm landing on the ground far more evenly and much more on my forefoot than with my other shoes(Puma C and Montrail Masochist). I didn't feel any pain in my knee's. It seems like my strategy is paying off well so far. I went for 6min/km(9min/mile) on the first 11 km-pure endurance. After that I had around 8-9 km at treshold pace, that is 5 min/km(8 min/miles).
It turned out good. I was able to maintain the speed and had a good running experience. When changing into a higher speed I feel that this need to be done gradually. If it is my body responds good. From there on I need to get the head along. That's the challenging part.
Anyway, next run is a race on Saturday-Rallarveløpet. An ultrarun-54+27 km, distributed on two days. A great ascend the first day and pretty much downwards the other day. I'm looking forward to a good, long run in a beautiful scenery.

Technicals:
-Distance: 21,16 km(13,15 miles)
-Time: 2h 0m 29s
-Average speed: 5,69 min/km(9,16 min/mile)
-Elevation gained: 248,1 m(814 ft)
-Calories:  1.493 kcal
-Average heart rate(max): Not monitored.

The GARMIN logfile can be found at:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41297084

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar