Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

fredag 28. januar 2011

Did it! Skiing Movatn-Holmetjern

The crossing towards Gørja
Another workout on skies after dark. Starting from Movatn again with a clear target: Ski back and forth from Movatn to Holmetjern under 2h. Pretty cold this Thursday night, but the temperature was a bit higher at higher altitudes. Starting with the long ascend as always I managed to move forward at a better pace than before covering more ground on the same amount of time. I'm down 10 minutes compared to the start. Reaching the top was lovely enabling me to increase me pace and move forward deeper into the woods. It's pretty interesting and to be out after dark. The sounds, reflecting of lights and lack of fellow skiers is apparent. From time to time you come upon a fellow skier, but shortly after you're back in the dark by yourself. Lovely, I prefer it that way.
Passing the crossing to to the cottage Gørja way before previous times I went forward at excellent pace. Right after there's a lovely and long descend. Just sit down and cruise at around 3 min/km without doing anything but that-wonderful. Afterwards I started encountering the long ascend towards Holmetjern and arrived after excatly 1h from the start. A minute later and some water I started the return. Lovely to fly down the hill. Midway I went so fast that balance was lost and I fell. Pretty hard surface with tracks and ice, and me not quite managing. Anyway, no big deal, and I was on my way a few minutes later. Not much kick-wax left on my skies as I started to ascend again. I didn't stop to correct it, but went on. It may come handy with shortage of kick wax later on when descending towards Movatn. Before late I was doing just that. A month ago that hill caused med trouble, but now I just fled down arriving at Movatn train station 10 minutes before the train was due to leave for Oslo. What a session-one to remember!


Technicals:
-Distance: 19,03 km
-Time: 1h 51m 53s
-Average pace: 5:52 min/km
-Average moving pace: 5:31 min/km
-Elevation gained: 366 m(19,2 m/km).
-Calories: 1.248 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): didn't measure
-Skies: Madshus
-Weather: Clear skies, quiet, -4 to -8 degrees celsius-good conditions!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar