Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

lørdag 18. desember 2010

Movatn-Tømte: XC-Skiing-endurance/force session

Tømte
Time for another session on skies. Again I travelled by train to Movatn, but headed northwest instead of south this time. My goal was to get back and forth to a place called Tømte-situated somewhat 5 km out in the woods. Getting there requires covering a long ascend of 5 km with an elevation of 200 metres. Weather was a bit windy, light snow and it was no option with long breaks as it tended to get pretty cold. However, ascending went good allthough I had to supply with some more kick-wax. I tried to focus on executing good technique and I managed to perform better this time than last Saturday. Tømte is a pretty desolate place, but has it's beauty. After a short stop I headed back downwards again I experienced my fist fall this winter. Trying to get out of the track I slipped and felled. Thank Good it's only snow :-)
Descending went pretty good. Arriving at Movatn station it got pretty dark outside. I need to start out earlier this time of year. This time I started at 2 p.m. My latest start has to 12 a.m. Having to wait for the train for about 40 minutes was a pretty cold experience.
Anyway, I'm satisfied with the session-especially with the ascend. No discomfort in my knees at all.
Next week I'm due for a longer session-about 20 km. Skiing is lovely.

Technicals:
-Distance: 10,7 km
-Time: 1h 35m
-Average pace: 8:54 min/km
-Average moving pace: 6:56 min/km
-Elevation gained: 204 m(19,1 m/km).
-Calories: 661 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): didn't measure
-Skies: Madshus
-Weather: Clouded, partly snow, windy(breeze), -3 to -5 degrees celsius-good conditions

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar