Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

lørdag 11. desember 2010

Cross Country skiing: recovery-session

View towards south at Barlindåsen
Today was a special day. Having spent the last 16 years off my skies it was about time to put them on again. I was a bit anxious to learn if my technique had gone forever, but overall my experience was good. I need to improve on my use of kick waxes-it got slippery on the ascends after some time. Besides that I had a wonderful time in the woods. It is nice to be able to make use of the nature during the winter as well as the summer. XC skiing is an excellent alternative and provides basic endurance as well as overall strength. I'll schedule a weekly session throughout all the winter.
Right after start at Movatn
Just 15 minutes by the train and I was in the middle of the woods. After a short while I headed back towards the city on skies. Decending was a bit terryfiing intially, but I quickly mastered the technique. Ascending was easy but demanding as I didn't have applied sufficient kick wax. In addition I didn't bring any with-I'll make sure I do later on. The course is pretty levelled at first, but after a while there is a long ascend right after Snippen. The reward is a long descend with lovely views afterwards. It shure felt good to be out in the woods skiing again.
Allthough I manage to move forwards I need to work more on my technique-especially when moving along a course with low elevation. With proper grip on the snow I'll be able to use more force and glide forward longer on each stride. I addition it is important to execute as good technique as possible in order to rationalize strength.
Just before arriving at Kjelsås
After the descend the course followed my running course-right after Sandermosen station. The nature shure looks different at winter and has a beauty of its own. Before long I started the part of the stretch along the lake Maridalsvatnet. That part presented wonerful views as always. After an easy session I ended at Kjelsås just under 11 km after Movatn. Next time I'll head towards Tømte deeper in the woods and with a long ascend and descend.

Technicals:
-Distance: 11 km
-Time: 1h 30m
-Average pace: 8:12 min/km
-Average moving pace: 5:54 min/km
-Elevation gained: 102 m(9,3 m/km).
-Calories: 731 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): didn't measure
-Skies: Madshus
-Weather: Partly clouded, calm winds, -3 to -5 degrees celsius-good conditions


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar