Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

torsdag 30. desember 2010

Helsfyr course-endurance run: Recovering from my knee-injury?

Nedre Blanksjø-Nordmarka
Bitterly cold tonight. It was right at the level of getting to cold, but it was allright to run when I got started. I was eager to learn if my measures since last session at 23th of December had paid off. Since then I've been stretching regularly. In addition I've carried out a session with cross-country skiing and cycling. Tonights session was slightly promising. I ran for more than half the distance before noticing any pain in my left knee. The right knee is not in perfect condition, but it's far better than it's neighbour. Afterwards the condition of my knee was better than after the session at 23th of December. That's promising. Anyway, I have scheduled an appointment with a physiotherapist the 3th of January. I need an independent evaluation of my condition and a training programme for the knee.
Next time I'm running under similar conditions I'll use some knee-warmers. I noticed discomfort due to the cold tonight and the knees are particularly vulnerable.

Technicals:
-Distance: 6,1 km
-Time: 37m 47s
-Average pace: 6:12 min/km
-Average moving pace: 5:59 min/km
-Elevation gained: 56 m( 9,2m/km).
-Calories: 424 kcal.
-Average heart rate(max): Not measured
-Shoes: Mizuno Wave Inspire
-Weather: Partly clouded, -10 degrees celsius, quiet, low humidity in the air, overall very cold

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar