Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

mandag 12. april 2010

Running

After careful consideration I've decided to make running my number one priority this year. For the last three years I've been dividing my trainingtime on 3-4 different sports. In short that means 2 sessions a week for every sport. I have improved in all of the categories, but this year I feel like diving into running. There are several reasons for this. First of all it's my favourite sport-I love running. Second, I think that's the sport I'm able to perform best in. Long distances that is-ultra running. In order to develop there I need to log a lot of running. That requires time-time to train, time to recover and time to race. Something has to go. In this case that is the other sports. I will still train regularly in other sports-they will be part of my training-program, but then just as an alternative to running. The other sports are cycling and svimming. In addition I'm doing strength training as I always have. That is essential to improve further as a runner-especially as an ultra-runner.
Well then, this year I'm attending 14 races. There are 3 ultras, 10 marathons and a short race(10 k).
 My first Ultra is Kristins Runde in Oslo-Norway. A race in June with a distance of 50 miles and 2300 hm. It's a trailrun. The cut-off is 16 h. My aim is to finish within 12 h-an average speed of 8 min 51 s/km. After that the next ultra is in Thuringen-Germany. The distance is 100 km and the cut off is 18 h. That is also a trailrun. My aim is to finish within 15 h.
My last ultrarun is in Norway-UltraBirken. A trailrun of 73 km in mid September. My aim is to finish within 11 h.
In between I'm attending 10 marathons. There are several reasons for that. First I need to train the body to run far. Second I love to run marathons. They are plentiful and are arranged in many different places. It's a great oppurtunity to combine the event with exploring. Running is also pure pleasure. Overall my aim with this decision is to take a sport I love highly to a new level of performance. I'm confident that I will achieve.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar