Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

fredag 23. april 2010

Running: Testrun before tomorrows race-Sentrumsløpet-Oslo

Main purpose with tonights workout was to prepare the body for the 10k run tomorrow. In order to do that I needed  speed, to be just below anaerob treshold and run about half the distance to see if it works out alright.
Well then,
I had an average heart rate of 165(5 below treshold), an average speed of 5m 8s pr. km and covered 5,5 km (3,4 miles). My test course is pretty flat, but it was windy from time to time this evening. I can operate between 5min and 5,5 min without difficulty in the race tomorrow. That suits me fine. I'll start with 5,5 min and increase the pace every 2,5 km with 0,25 min. The main target though is my heart rate. I need to be just below treshold, 165-170. I have a good feeling about tomorrow, but it's going to be a tough race. My main competitor is myself and what's in my mind. I don't care about the other participants in the race. I'm running at a speed of 5 m pr km, heart rate is between 165-170 and I consentrate on executing excellent technique all the time and targeting the next km. Split times is 5m, 10m, 15m and so on until 50min.
Preperation for tomorrow:
 a good nights sleep, an easy first half of the day, light meal, arriving the start area no later that 45 min before start, carry out a good warm-up, check on my gear, get a god starting spot, repeat my tasks during the race mentally several times, visualise the race several times, visualise myself breaking the finish line within my time target.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar