Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

lørdag 19. februar 2011

Recovering from a bit of fluea..

Mouth of Lysefjorden
Last Sunday I noticed a distinct soreness in my throath and feared the outburst of fluea. Unfortunately I was right and this week has been a constant struggle to fight it off. In some mysterious way I managed to execute two workouts of training on Monday. A session on the bike and one in the pool, respectively 30 and 45 minutes.
Since then the activity has been zero... Right now I'm over the "hill" and clearly recovering. Hopefully, I'll be able to start some serious training again on Monday next week. I may even go skiing tomorrow.
Last weekend I visited the south western part of Norway where I grew up and spent the first 20 years of my life. The place still attracts me in one manner-the beautiful scenery of nature. In particular I'm fond of one of Norways best kept secrets-the lovely fjord Lysefjorden. It plunges some 40 km from the open sea and into the mountains, rising up to more than 1.000 metres above sea level and narrows down in with to one km at its smallest. It's one of the most beautiful fjords in Norway. One attraction, which is a minor part of the fjord, is well known though-the mountain formation Prekestolen, situated about 10 km from the mouth of the fjord on the northern side.
My next individual run is to run around this fjord, covering around 160 km and elevating some 3-5.000 metres of height. This run will take place in late July this year.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar