Nordmarka

Nordmarka
Danmark fra Larkollen

fredag 30. april 2010

Running, hillwork, todays workout

Being my recovery week I've had just three sessions before todays workout. It seems to have paid off since I feel rested and fit for some serious sessions in the weeks to come. That means I'm back on normal workload again after 4 days of recovery.
Tonight I was encountering my favourite hill again. Being more patient this time, reducing my speed initially, trying to keep my heart rate down, I managed to get by with just one stop and three short walking periods in order to reduce the heart rate. Weather was lousy, but it's a good opportunity to get use to rough conditions. On later sessions I will have three working targets: keep the speed at 8 min/km at all times, keep the heart rate below anaerobic treshold and run up the hill without having to stop to lower the heart rate. I bought a pair of new shoes today-Puma Concinnity. They seem to be pretty solid, no to heavy and good to run with. I intend to use them on my hill runs and the long runs.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar